This week a rumor published by VG24/7 collapsed the internet: Dark Souls III was being directed by Miyazaki and the idea was to unveil the title during the E3 2015, most likely in the course of Sony’s E3 press conference.
The Know has published the first screenshots and some exciting details from Dark Souls III. The game looks like Bloodborne in the art and the gameplay mechanics would include an evade movement, a skill clearly inspired by Bloodborne.
Details extracted from Gematsu:
– The game is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016. PC is also listed, but is accompanied by the word “negotiable” (negotiable’ next to it).
The game will support “1-4 players,” meaning it’s possible you can summon more than one friend or there might be a player-versus-player element.
– 10 playable classes, all available from the beginning of the game.
– 45 new enemies, 15 new bosses. Characters and monsters from previous games are not included in that count.
– 100 new weapons and 40 new armor sets with returning equipment not counted in that number.
– 60 minutes of cutscenes, mostly in engine, rather than pre-rendered.
– There will be around 12 areas in the game.
– Will change the way you interact with players online. You’ll now participate in “Sacrifice Ceremonies.” You can drag bodies around, choose where to sacrifice them, perform the ritual, and visit another player’s game. Doing this makes you a target for other players. These will also change your game, such as a sacrifice creating a bonfire at the location you choose to sacrifice the body.
– Light sources and enemy layouts have been changed.
– Boss battles have a new “Heat Up” factor that “completely change” boss battles based on undescribed factors.
– The game will add “Sword Fighting Arts,” which including “Rush In” and “Circle.” The former is a sacrifice attack that allows you to dive into an opponent and take damage while delivering a huge hit, while the latter sounds like a dodge move.
Apparently, the leak is legit, although some details seem a bit strange (Just 12 areas?)