Shuhei Yoshida -SCE Worldwide Studios President- teased an unannounced PlayStation 4 project by Sony Bend Studio. Concretely, Yoshida teased this project during the launch ceremony of the PlayStation 4, but since then we haven’t heard more about it.
However, yesterday a career opportunity ad from Sony seeking a Senior Staff Animator for the studio gave us some details about Sony Bend’s first game for PS4:
Animate characters, weapons, vehicles and everything else that moves in a game. Create sophisticated character performances for in game and cinematic sequences including acting, facial animation and lip-syncing. Expert understanding of human, animal, object motion, weight, and timing applied to 3D animation. Help develop and drive the look and feel for the all animation within a game that matches the artistic style and gameplay defined by the studio leads.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
• Help drive the implementation of all in-game animation.
• Work with programmers and leads to develop game animation pipelines and processes.
• Create high quality animation content, primarily characters, objects, and creatures.
• Expert understanding of all animation and motion capture workflows.
• Expert knowledge of Motion Builder, Maya, Max and other animation applications.
• At least 5 years of game art production or film related experience
• One or two years of post-high school education or training
Preferred Experience / Education:
• 6 to 10 years of game art production with credit on several shipped AAA titles.
• An advanced degree or professional certification requiring formal training (i.e., MBA, MFA, MA, MS)
As we can read, the ad talks about vehicles, weapons and “creatures,” so expect these elements to be in the game. But what attracts our attention is that Bend Studio is seeking a very high profile professional in the animation field. Besides, the developer describes a very cinematic approach to game design.
Source | DualShockers