Finally, Nintendo NX is a thing. The thing is called Switch, a hybrid system able to be a console or a portable machine. Switch will use cartridges, will connect to a dock to at least charge and enable the TV out connection and during the presentation we saw an ephemeral footage for a new 3D Mario in development for Switch.
Nintendo has to confirm a lot of points to clear the official stand about Switch, but until then, we have some rumors for this new piece of hardware:
Nintendo Switch Specifications:
- Four ARM Cortex-A57 cores, max 2GHz
- NVidia second-generation Maxwell architecture
- 256 CUDA cores, max 1 GHz, 1024 FLOPS/cycle
- 4GB RAM (25.6 GB/s, VRAM shared)
- 32 GB storage (Max transfer 400 MB/s)
- USB 2.0 & 3.0
- 1280 x 720 6.2″ IPS LCD
- 1080p at 60 fps or 4k at 30 fps max video output
- Capcitance method, 10-point multi-touch
- Nvidia confirmed to be on board after the Switch reveal.
- Nintendo won’t unveil new information about Switch until 2017. Specs and price will have to wait to be confirmed until the next year, at least, officially.
- Splatoon, Mario Kart, Smash Bros and Zelda would be enhanced ports, but not new developments.
- The new Beyond Good & Evil game could be a Switch exclusive. The game confirmed by Michael Ancel some days ago, would be a half-reboot. The tale of Jade would be re-built to expand the beginning of the story and would continue when the first game ended.
No concrete details:
- Right Joy-Con would offer IR pointer capabilities (to be used in the same way as a Wii remote pointer).
- Nintendo declined to comment if Switch will be able to run smartphone games.
- There is not an official stand about the region lock.
- Nintendo Switch won’t read 3DS cards or Wii U discs.
- Switch could have a battery life of three hours.
- Switch screen could be a touch screen.
- Switch’s dock could add some processing power.
And that’s all for now.