Sony teased a new title five days ago at the PS4 Launch Event. The game is being developed by Sony Santa Monica (God of War saga) for PlayStation 4 and no more details were given at the event, but today, and thanks to two new career opportunity ads published by the company for a Senior Level Designer and a Senior technical Designer positions, we could know the first details on this unannounced game.
The “Sony Santa Monica is looking for a Senior Level Designer for an unannounced title” ad give us an idea on how the game will be:
- open world level design.
- ambient gameplay and side missions.
- navigation/platforming challenges.
- building 3D environments.
- modeling and texturing.
- designing and implementing fun/challenging AI layouts.
- scripting entities.
- placing rough cameras, including animated and entity-triggered cameras.
- sound implementation.
- level warping and gameflow.
- cinematic placement and triggering.
As you can read, it seems obvious to think that the next Sony Santa Monica game will have an open world where you will be able to navigate or play side missions, among other things such as platforming elements.
Stay tuned for more details about this game.