Recent rumors indicate that Resident Evil 2 Remake could be unveiled at E3 2018, but perhaps in a different way than we are expecting…
Several rumors state that RE 2 Remake will run on a significantly optimised and upgraded RE Engine version. The engine would feature new techs and the game will benefit from a huge technological boost. Furthermore, RE 2 Remake would feature an OTS (Over The Shoulder) camera, very similar to what we can see in Resident Evil 4 or God of War 2018. The source claims that this OTS camera could be a bit “stylized” in execution. We don’t know if the classic fixed camera somehow remains.
As always, take this with TONS of salt. E3 2018 will tell.
- The game will run on an improved RE Engine with an impressive lighting engine
- The game will be aiming for a solid 30fps at 1080p on a standard PS4 and 60fps at native 4k on a PS4 Pro. Apparently the engine has a dynamic resolution when going into different rooms to help performance.
- The game is designed with 4K in mind, Meaning that the assets will be in Native 4K resolution
- Apparently going to be the best looking Resident Evil game.
- The camera is OTS but “stylized“…I guess we will find out soon enough.
- It will use a photogrammetry scanning Technology just like RE7 , but they state that they learned a lot from the Chris fiasco.
- Claire will have a different outfit while retaining it’s familiarity
- Capcom had brought in outside contractors who have worked on RE2 and RE4.
- The game will include campaigns for both Leon and Claire, but despite the two campaigns the games length will be much longer than the original with additional areas.
- Game sticks to horror and survival horror elements
Via | RelyOnHorror & NeoGAF