We are eager to travel to the grotesque world of Bloodborne again in a sequel, however, From Software could be working on a product with a different perspective (gameplay mechanics and setting).
The rumor emerged on 4Chan and apparently the “the leaker” could have been legit in the past.
Details from Phantom Wail:
- Ancient Aztec/Mayan/tribal aesthetic.
- Emphasis on hand-to-hand combat techniques and “martial art styles”.
- Traditional melee weapons still in (i.e. clubs), but they won’t have a major focus; weapon-based movesets are gone.
- Instead, players will customize and personalize their hand-to-hand movesets and fighting styles, there is customization for weapon fighting styles as well, however. (This kinda-sorta sounds like Nioh to me, with the weapon skill trees and such, just my personal opinion).
- Is the “Souls-like, dark fantasy, familiar” game Miyazaki mentioned when interviewed about the future of From Software. Armored Core and a “strange for From Software” game were the other 2 mentioned.
- Collaboration between Sony Japan and From Software (it’s the Sony exclusive title).