PlayStation Now has moved on to its second phase, adding a lot of new games to its repertory and, allegedly, dramatically improving the load time of the available games.
An anonymous source has been leaking info to DualShockers about PlayStation Now since the service began its beta phase, and yesterday a list with the loading times was published.
It should be noted that each timing in the list below is from the launch of the game to the splash screen. Between parenthesis you can see the loading times of the returning games in the first phase of the beta:
- Shadow of the Colossus – 46.72 (old time: 53.98)
- WipeOut HD – 57.19
- Dead Nation – 40.05
- PixelJunk Monsters – 39.90
- Shatter – 38.86 (old time: 39.77)
- Guacamelee! – 32.36
- Disgaea 4 – 33.30 (old time: 47.12)
- Dead or Alive 5 – 36.55 (old time: 51.10)
- Critter Crunch – 38.37
- Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond – 35.81
- Zeno Clash II – 35.62
- Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon – 32.28
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix – 36.45
- Rise of the Guardians – 35.12
- Dead Island – 36.22
- PAYDAY: The Heist – 37.03
- Order Up!! – 35.66
- Alien Rage – 39.27
- Real Steel – 35.82
DualShockers reports that in the first phase of the beta almost every title had a loading time well above 40 seconds, and half of them clocked above 50 seconds, so this list shows a really big improvement.
Remember that, of course, loading times will vary from user to user depending on the bandwidth available.
Source | DualShockers