There is a lot of speculation about the possible price of Nintendo NX. A source verified by Reddit could have been revealed interesting info concerning the price for NX, the marketing campaign and the packing for the upcoming Nintendo’s system.
NX could be commercialized at $299.99 as a base price. The system could have a bundle, which content is still unknown, for $399.99. NX would appear in the market with at least 4 titles on deck. One of these titles could be a Super Mario product.
Price seems feasible if the system is a hybrid machine with a fair raw power and we take into account that NX should offer handheld and console competences.
Rumor in full 4K detail:
-“Interact with your game on the go.” phrase seen on a poster.
– Strong co-branding effort with a Mario launch title on many posters.
– Console is currently set to launch with least 4 titles on deck.
– Stores should be receiving demo units around February.
– Base price point seems to be sitting at $299.99.
– The NX is currently set to have a bundle option.
– The contents of this bundle is currently unknown.
– Bundle price is currently sitting at $399.99.
– The packaging for the NX will be slightly larger than the Wii U’s packaging.
– The packaging is relatively clean and simple and is similar to the Wii U in terms of package design.
– The color scheme for the packaging is white and blue (compared to the Wii U’s blue and black).
– The packaging still says “NX” however there is still no indication if this is a placeholder or the final name.
– The areas of the packaging that would usually depict the hardware were blurred and redacted by Nintendo in attempt to keep it hidden.
Features and Specs
– 4k streaming has been mentioned. – What this likely means is playback of content such as Netflix, etc. Not gameplay.
– 1080p and 60fps are being used by the marketing teams in relation to gameplay on to the console portion. I’ve heard unconfirmed rumblings of 900p for the infamous hybrid part of the device.