Rockstar decided not to include the Jet Pack in GTA V… at least when they released the game back in September.
Now, a Se7enSins member called Chr0m3 x MoDz has discovered several references to the Jet Pack while digging into Grand Theft Auto V (1.12) source code.
A string called “JETPACK” has appeared in the xex file from the 1.12 update of GTA V. In the previous version of the same file the reference did not appear.
Furthermore, many more evidences appear in the same file. Take a look:
- DRIVEBY_JETPACK // Setting it so you can shoot from the JETPACK just like parachute
- .?AVCGadgetJetpack@@ // the actual jetpack just like parachute.
- TASK_JETPACK(int unk);
- XBL Toothpik found possible skis .data:838E1118 00000012 C .?AVCGadgetSkis@@
- .rdata:820571DC 0000000D C START_SKIING
- .rdata:820571D4 00000007 C SKIING
- .rdata:820571C4 0000000E C FINISH_SKIING
Is Jet Pack coming to GTA V? Could Rockstar be considering to add it as a DLC?
P.S.: If anyone wants to check this, the info is located at 0x82FE2C7C in the 1.12 xex.
Source | Se7enSins
Via | BehindGames