Ubisoft is going to unveil the next chapter in the Assassin’s Creed saga at the Ubisoft Forward. Ahead the official event, some details of the new entry of AC has been revealed by the youtuber “j0nathan” and some points has been confirmed by Jason S. as well (Bloomberg).
In bullet points this is what we know, so far, about Assassin’s Creed Mirage:
- Release: Spring 2023.
- Setting: Baghdad between 860 and 870 (the game will take place during the Anarchy in Samarra).
- Protagonist: a youth Basim Ibn Ishaq until the arrive at the Hidden Ones. This character appeared in Valhalla for the first time.
- Mechanics: the game is a return to the basics, strongly inspired in the first Assassin’s Creed. Therefore, some RPG elements has been removed, such as dialogue choices and the level system. Gameplay is going to be less raw than the one included in Valhalla. Basim will be able to use the String Dagger to defeat his opponents.
- The game will include “Visions of Loki”. This is a manifestation of Loki in Basim’s body that consume him.
- The bomb: Ubisoft is preparing a remake of Assassin’s Creed 1 based on Rift/Mirage work. This title could be integrated in the season pass. Moreover, Mirage will include a DLC set in Constantinople.