Founded in May 1992, EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment or commonly called DICE is a Swedish video game developer best known for the Battlefield video game series and Mirror’s Edge. It is wholly owned by Electronic Arts, one of the leading developer and distributor of video games in the world. The DICE were founded by four students from Växjö, Sweden namely Andreas Axelsson, Ulf Mandorff, Frefrik Liliegren and Olof Gustafsson. They were members of the former demo group ‘The Silents.’ Currently, their games run on various game consoles including PlayStation’s 1 to 3, Xbox and Xbox 360, and Wii. The same games can also be played on personal computers such as Mac and Microsoft and smartphones (windows phone and android).
For independent game developers who are planning to be just like the four students from Växjö University, perhaps what you need to do is to enhance your skills and interest in gaming by playing some games on consoles and online partypoker se. Online games have definitely developed throughout the decade. Games on websites such as Party Poker are now using Flash to create the real-like gaming experience of casinos. The games can also be accessed on your Smartphones through the browser or downloading the new Party Poker android application. Although country-based poker websites have been launched on the web, some Swedish players still choose to play at out-of-the-country hosted sites such as Party Poker due to bigger cash prizes, more bonuses, and exciting promotions. This site offers a Swedish version for easier game play.
Here is a review of EA DICE’s successful game development history:
- 1996: True Pinballl (PlayStation, Sega Saturn)
- 1997: S40 Racing (Microsoft Windows)
- 1998: Motorhead (Microsoft Windows, PlayStation)
- 1999: STCC (Microsoft Windows)
- 2000: STCC 2 (Microsoft Windows) and NASCAR Heat (PlayStation) in collaboration with Monster Games
- 2001: Matchbox Emergency Patrol (Microsoft Windows) and Shrek (Xbox)
- 2002: Rallisport Challenge (Microsoft, Xbox), Battlefield 1942 (Microsoft Windows, Macintosh), and V8 Challenged (Microsoft Windows)
- 2004: Rallisport 2 (Xbox)
- 2005: Battlefield 2 (Microsoft Windows)
- 2006: Battlefield 2142 (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X)
- 2008: Mirror’s Edge (Microsoft Windows, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iOS)
- 2010: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Microsoft Windows, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iOS, Wii, Android, Windows Phone) in collaboration with Neowiz Games and Medal of Honor (Microsoft Windows, Playstation 3, Xbox 360) where they only developed the multiplayer aspect.
Electronic Arts (EA) announced their decision to purchase DICE in November 2004. The acquisition involves all outstanding shares in DICE be bought at a price of 61 kr per share. On October 2006, EA completed the acquisition for 67.75 kr per share for 2.6 million shares, for a total of 175.5 million kr. After which, DICE were renamed EA Digital Illusions CE. CEO Patrick Söderlund became an EA Studio General Manager.
Today, EA DICE continuously creates the Battlefield series and just recently released the Battlefield 3: End Game which is an expansion pack for Battlefield 3. Rumors have it that Battlefield 4 is under development ready to give more action and real-like graphics in a modern setting. This will be available for next generation consoles and expected to release in the second half of 2013.