References to PC and Orbis (PlayStation 4) versions of GTA V were found some days ago in a XML file of the Xbox 360 version of the game.
Now, more details about GTA V for PC have been discovered by Reddit user “Hal_Nein_Thousand” looking into the same XML file but, in this case, from the PS3 version of the game, which contains a lot of beta changelogs and detailed bug reports left over, including reports tied to PC, DX11 and x64.
- 985459 – PC – [PT][PB] Crash – > game_win32_beta_dx11.exe!strRequest::Release() Line 47 + 0xf bytes C++
- 614622 – [LB][PT][LDS][DX11] Blooms too much on smog weather setting.
- 632447 – [PC] All the phones are very dark and hard to read
- 496009 – [PC] Debug picker seems to be non-functional
- (no x64 prebuild cover) – Boot checks completed only.
- Base AudioCL#s: Playstation 3 and XBOX: 3772801; PC CL 3773483
As you can see, the file shows us a DirectX 11 tag. Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire for PC featured DirectX 11 effects, so it’s reasonable to believe that a hypothetical version of GTA V for PC will also have support for DirectX 11.
We can also see a x64 reference. It is possible that the game could run on 64 bits systems, so it would be able to use more than 4 Gb of RAM and 2K textures may become a reality.
Of course, take this with a grain of salt. It’s not official info, only a rumor.